So I finally have time to sit down and write about our busy month of August. It started out with an Army National Guard event in San Marcos on Friday and Saturday. We got to stay at the San Marcos Convention Center and Embassy Suites which was really nice. I learned a lot about what he will be doing in Afghanistan and places that will help me out while he's gone. Saturday night he had to stay in Austin for a two-week training period so I decided to stay with him. We had some time to kill before church so we stopped off at Cabela's in Buda. The hubs has been wanting to get me a rifle to hunt with but we couldn't find one at a good price - til that day. I got a Ruger 243 and can't wait to get the scope mounted and sighted in. (which we are doing this weekend in Shiner!) And yes, it is in my name and Matt even let me carry it out of the store! :)
Upon my return home I heard a funny noise in the kitchen so started looking around to figure out where it was coming from. Something told me to open the freezer and let me tell you...it was probably the worst smell I have ever smelt! It was horrible. We had a freezer full of various things, but mainly meat. I wasn't sure how long it had been out so I just decided to throw EVERYTHING out....hard decision but it's better safe than sorry. So I spoke with our landlord and she set the wheels in motion for us to get a new fridge. After what seemed like forever without a fridge, the new one was delivered on Wednesday afternoon. I'm not sure I've ever been so excited to have an ice cold drink!
The second weekend the hubs was still at training so I spent the weekend relaxing and getting the house spotless for his return. He came home Friday morning (of the third weekend) and we had a great weekend. Friday night we enjoyed the clean house and watched a movie. On Saturday morning we slept in a little and just had a slow morning. We decided that afternoon to go purchase some tubes and float the beautiful Llano river here in Junction. We had a good time and I really enjoyed finally getting out in the sun again! (the first time this year was July 4th in Vegas with my family for my parents 30th wedding anniversary)
The 4th weekend we travelled to Granbury for the baptism of our beautiful godchild - Rayleigh Jean. We had a great time visiting with her parents Brianne and Kit. (Brianne and Matt actually our freshman year at Texas A&M and were good friends throughout college. I met Matt through a mutual friend of ours during our Senior year.) We also got to visit with my grandparents, cousin Cameron, and my godparents Mary Kaye and Doug (Brianne's mom and stepdad). On Saturday after the baptism we went out and played 9 holes at the Country Club that Brianne works at. I say 'we' loosely. Alissa and I drove around behind the actual players (Matt, Kit, Cameron, and Bri) and drank beer! We had a blast and hope to get to visit with them again soon!
This past weekend deserves its own post so check back for that soon! (hopefully)
Finish off a bolt for only $5/Yard!
9 years ago

Hey Lori! Glad to see you blogging! I have a lot of fun with mine! Hope all is well with you!
ReplyDeleteAlex (Rebecca's friend from Ave)
Hi Lori! Found your blog via Jills! Yeah! Welcome to the blogging world. I look forward to keeping up with you now! Hugs!
ReplyDelete