Front of the house
We sat in these rocking chairs most of Saturday morning
and enjoyed coffee (and Diet Coke). I even learned to play chess!
The wall with the door on it was the first view after opening the door.
The comfortable couch where we watched a view movies
and played some more board games while relaxing with some Maker's Mark!
(notice the box under the table - see below)
The view when opening the bedroom doors that I
forgot to get a picture of.
View while standing at the foot of the bed
LOVED the bathtub - minus the sulphur smell -
but still had an amazing bubble bath!
Looking towards the bathroom
The 'vanity' area in the bathroom - sorry for the mess
I forgot to take pictures until we were getting ready to leave.
The kitchen
After getting everything inside, I went to take a bubble bath and thoroughly enjoyed it! We then sat around and enjoyed each other's conversation over some Maker's Mark then headed to bed. We slept in on Saturday morning then just lounged around in our pajamas and enjoyed some coffee (yes even me, and I've actually had a cup almost every morning since then!) and then I had a little Diet Coke. :) We found that the little box under the coffee table in the living room was actually a bunch of board games. We enjoyed playing chess, checkers, and Chutes & Ladders.
Not only did our family give us the weekend away, they gave us a gift certificate to The Cabernet Grill at The Cotton Gin. We got dressed up Saturday evening and headed over to the restaurant. We enjoyed Peach-a-ritas, Bloody Mary's, Crab Cakes, and a Ceasar Salad for appetizers. The hubs ordered a Ribeye and I ordered the Mixed Grill which consisted of a Beef Cap Steak, Pork Tenderloin Tail, and a Quail stuffed with a sliver of jalapeno and wrapped in bacon. Then for dessert we had a Kahlua and White Chocolate Crème Brulee. After eating everything on our plates and all of our desert we were stuffed. I don't think I've ever eaten that much in one sitting - but it was delicious!
We headed back to the house where we sat down and enjoyed a few movies together on the couch and then headed to bed. We woke up Sunday morning and got packed up and headed back into town to check out. We then wondered in a few of the shops on Main St. then headed to church. After church we headed out to a little antique-like road-side shop and did some looking around. We will definitely be headed back there with a trailer once we buy (or build) a house!
We will never be able to say thank you enough to my family for this! It really meant a lot and helped both of us to relax and 'get away' from the real world and all the stress that this deployment is putting on the both of us. THANK YOU Mom, Dad, Craig, Tara, Jill, and Aaron!
We Love You!!

We are so glad to hear that y'all enjoyed your trip. We had loved Francesca's and thought y'all would really like that place as well. Your dinner at the Cotton Gin sounds so delicious, glad y'all enjoyed that as well!
ReplyDelete